Opened in 1552 in the buildings formerly used by the Grey Friars. Destroyed in the Great Fire and rebuilt in 1705 with the south front and the adjoining Christ Church designed by Sir Christoper Wren. Extended and rebuilt between 1793 and 1836. The school moved to Horsham in 1902. A more detailed history of the school can be found here.
Ilustration by W Luker from London City – its History, Streets, Traffic, Buildings and People by W J Loftie.