Re-erected in 1715. The new tower was built in 1738.
From Memorials to serve for history of the parish of St Mary, Rotherhithe by Edward Josselyn Beck MA. Published by the Cambridge University Press 1907.
From “The Camden-Town Railway”, The Illustrated London News, Nov 15th 1851, page 603.
Passing onward, through the verdant fields, we came to the retired village of Homerton, formerly a district of the parish of Hackney, but within the last six years formed into a separate parish; from the railroad is seen a new church, erected about four years ago, from the design of Mr. Ashpitel. The church will accommodate 1800 persons, and cost less than £5000, the whole raised by subscriptions. The parsonage-house is a pleasing specimen of domestic architecture.
Charles Martin postcard number 2291. Franked in 1907 and sent to Miss Boyd, Mintlaw Station, Aberdeenshire