Talbot Inn, Borough High Street, 1810

Talbot Inn, Borough High Street, 1810
Formerly The Tabard Inn, the rendezvous of Chaucer’s Canterbury Pilgrims. Next door to The George in Talbot Yard and the starting point of coaches to Brighton and the south coast. Demolished in 1873. For more details see The Brighton Road, The Classic Highway to the South by Charles G Harper.
Drawing by George Shepherd from the British Museum and used with permission under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. Original © Trustees of the British Museum.