Homerton Parsonage and Church, 1851

Homerton Parsonage and Church, 1851

From “The Camden-Town Railway”, The Illustrated London News, Nov 15th 1851, page 603.

Passing onward, through the verdant fields, we came to the retired village of Homerton, formerly a district of the parish of Hackney, but within the last six years formed into a separate parish; from the railroad is seen a new church, erected about four years ago, from the design of Mr. Ashpitel. The church will accommodate 1800 persons, and cost less than £5000, the whole raised by subscriptions. The parsonage-house is a pleasing specimen of domestic architecture.

Add a comment