From the Illustrated London News, May 1, 1869, page 440
According to A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 11, Stepney, Bethnal Green: In 1864 Henry Darbishire (who became an architect for the Peabody Trust) began the magnificent Columbia Market buildings in the style of a French Gothic cathedral. Opened in 1869, they included dwellings for shopkeepers.
More details can be found here.
Number 37 (of 48) from the Senior Service Britain from the Air series, issued in 1939.